Wednesday, April 1, 2015

American Idol Season 14 Top 8

Kelly Clarkson Night. 


Nick: Sang "Catch My Breath." I had to catch my breath, because this was very good. He slowed it down a bit and gave it a Train-esque feel to it. Rock solid performance. 
#BreathOfFreshAir 



Jax: Sang "Beautiful Disaster." The song title is only half right. Nothing about this was beautiful, but it was a complete disaster. I expected a lot better from her and she disappointed me this week. 
#Sux 



Tyanna: Sang "Mr. Know It All." She explained that she chose this song cause it tells the story of her being bullied. The anger and pain that she had endured and overcame was expressed perfectly in this great performance. It was top notch. 
#RiseAboveTheHate 



Joey: Sang "Miss Independent." This was the perfect song choice for her. It showcased what she has been trying to sell us all along. And I am finally sold. I love her quirkiness and independence. 
#IndependenceDay 



Quentin: Sang "Dark Side." Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering, and boy, did I suffer through this. It was bad. 
#SomethingSomethingDarkSide 



Qaasim: Sang "Stonger" He stripped the song down and sounded like the good singer we all knew him to be. Tonight, he proved that he was worth the save. 
#SecondChanceChampion 



Clark: Sang "The Trouble With Love Is." I finally get the hype. He knocked this one out of the park. I actually felt myself swaying to his voice. This was perfect. Performance Of The Season. 
#AnythingButTrouble 


Rayvon: Sang "Since U Been Gone." He did a super slow version that really showcased his vulnerability. This was beautiful. 
#HeWontBeGone. 


And we say goodbye to Daniel tonight. In a few years, he will have the experience he needs to be a great singer. I can't wait to hear it. 






One last note about this review. 

#APRILFOOLS 


Truth: They all sucked tonight except Jax, who looked drop dead gorgeous, and Quentin, who did pretty great. Clark is still boring as hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment