Thursday, March 31, 2016

I'm Done With American Idol.

I arrived home at 8 today. A package from Amazon was waiting for me. It was my new batch of Funko Pops. I got Slimer and two versions of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

I put them on my shelves and then turned on my TV and PS4.

I went to Hulu and watched this week's episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Arrow.

After that, I let out a heavy sigh. Time to watch Idol.

I switched over from my PS4 to my DVR. I went to the recordings, found Idol, and pressed play on the options.

I got my notebook and pen from my desk and sat back down.

I watched as they did their hometown visits. I rolled my eyes as every hometown visit since the beginning has been the same.

They are amazed that they are in a limo. They are shocked to see all the people. They get to meet up with people who helped them along the way. They go back to their school and a teacher says they always knew the contestant would make it big. They go back home. At one point they cry. The towns people say how much they love them. They perform a concert.

I watched them sing their hometown dedication songs. I made my notes and wrote my jokes.

I crossed my fingers hoping La'Porsha would be eliminated, but alas, it was Mac.

Then, Scott's picks came on.

And Dalton sang "Dancing In The Dark" by Bruce Springsteen.

The world in front of me turned red. The noise coming from my TV transformed from a terrible screeching rendition of one of The Boss' songs in a high pitched squeal.

I stood up and a yell came out of my mouth. I couldn't hear it, but it caused my cat to jump up and run from the room.

I felt my hand clench into a fist. I jumped toward my TV. My fist made its way towards the TV but I stopped myself. I grabbed both sides of the TV and yelled, "You stupid bi-polar little shit! You have done nothing to deserve this song! And you ruined it! YOU RUINED IT YOU GODDAMN PRETTY BOY FAIRY JOFFREY LOOKING MOTHERFUCKER!!!!"

I grabbed my controller and deleted this abomination of a show off my DVR and out of my life forever.

I'm so glad this is the final season.

No comments:

Post a Comment