Tuesday, August 12, 2014

America's Got Talent Season 9 Quarter Finals Round 3

Here are tonight's acts from best to worst.

1: Christian Stoinev (Acrobat) I'm more of a cat person, but that dog was pretty damn good. The human is very good as well. Taking the typical balancing act and adding the dog is a recipe for success.


2: Blue Journey (Dance Duo) Another act using background animations to their advantage, they did very well, considering hald of the time they were on the floor. It was a magical thing to watch.


3: Sons of Serendip: (Band) They did a cover of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" and it was a very good cover. I really like the way they arrange the songs.


4: AcroArmy (Acrobats) This was very entertaining. Some dangerous moves and unique positions were displayed. They used "Mind Heist" from the Inception trailer which has been proven scientifically to make anything appear epic when it's being played.


5: Kiernan & Finian Makepeace (Band of Brothers) They did a cover of Ellie Goulding's "Lights." I actually enjoyed this cover. They did something different with it and it worked.


6: Cornell Bhangra (Dance Group) I'm surprised that I actually liked this more than I thought I would. I don't think I could stand too much of it, but it was enjoyable for the small time they were performing.


7: Dragon House "The Agents" (Dance Group) This seemed like the typical slow motion/contortionist dance moves we've seen numerous times on this show. There was no real flow to their performance tonight, it was just there but not really doing anything.


8: Anna Clendening (Singer) Did a cover of Christina Perri's "Human." Because of course she would. I don't buy this chick's deal at all.I felt nothing at all while hearing this.


9: Adrian Romof (Pianist) He can play the piano really well. Whoopty do. Fine, he's 9, a child prodigy, and blah blah blah. It's more fun watching Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia play Heart and Soul on a walking piano than watching this kid play anything.


10: Mike Super (Magician) The "Desmond" act is tiring. The tricks are mundane at best.


11: Paul Ieti (Singer) This was ho hum. I don't like his voice at all.


12: Wendy Liebman (Comedian) Yesterday, the laughter died. Wendy did nothing to resurrect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment